Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Leaving BC

One more day in BC and it already feels like Manila is sucking me back into its depths. Yesterday, my law partner - who has been so very good in not disturbing me these past two weeks - rings me on my mobile to talk shop. The metropolitan monster looms menacingly.

I'm starting to unecessarily stress myself out because of all the stuff I need to take care of before I descend (ugh, how allegorical) - fixing the house, stripping the sheets, replacing the LPG tank (which finally gave out, providentially, as a Kabayan manong was at the house), tuning up my car, measuring curtains, finishing the Session Road article (which I know I can't properly do justice to if I wrap it up in Manila)...I can feel the city's tentacles inching their way up Kennon Road...

On the lighter side, there's always the "coming back up" to look forward to. I've made some great new friends, established connections, discussed exciting opportunities for business, employment, and mission...and I pretty much have enough information to make the DECISION. Plus there's the Kalinga trip. And I can't wait to see the people I've "left behind" - absence does make the heart fonder...or at least it makes one truly appreciate the important people in life.

Then again, just the thought of Manila makes me ill. I've been up here too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home