Wednesday, March 15, 2006

patintero

so there's this trip to Kalinga on April 1-4, with possible extensions to April 5.

and before i could file for my leave here comes a request from Malaysia for me to do a training workshop. which will overlap with the beginning of the trip. always a good employee i considered all angles to come up with a plausible excuse not to do it. and i found one. so i declined.

was about to file the leave after fixing that Malaysia thing when another email comes in from our regional director scheduling our annual conference. on awkward dates that would jeopardize the trip because of preparations that need to be done. hmm. there must be a message here somewhere. or a challenge.

and then i did the only thing i could think of because all the other specific excuses i had on hand will not be strong anough against a regional "command", so to speak. i told our director that i have "commitments" already until the 6th, without elaborating on the details. and so i was allowed to show up late instead. since i've been on best behavior and best performance for the past couple of years i was not questioned too closely on my "commitments".

so before anything else comes up i will officially declare that my joining the Kalinga trip has been secured! and hopefully that declaration deters anything else that the Universe may think to throw along my way in an attempt to derail me from my first ever multiple day vacation for the year.

:-)

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Honey Oliveros said...

Yahu!! I am so looking forward to the trip - I hope we push through as scheduled :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home